- A "https://" will be visible in the top left of your web browser, this means you are in secure mode.
- A "https://" should always be when entering personal or payment details.
- Being in secure mode means all your details are encrypted for increased security (128 bit).
- We use advanced encryption so that your card details cannot be seen.
- We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for all orders placed – this prevents you from inadvertently revealing any personal information.
- If You pay by card we use your card details to process your orders and we will ask for them for that order placed.
- The three digit card signature code (cvv2) will be required to place an order – this ensures that your card cannot be misused
Recommendation - always close down your internet browser when you have finished shopping... especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary Internet "cookies" from any sites that you may have visited and ensure other users do not see your personal details.
Sodahome.net may send you emails from time to time but we would never send an email asking for your security information or log on details, or direct you to a web page that asks for this information. If you receive an email that appears to be from Sodahome.net that you suspect is fraudulent, do not click on any links contained within the email or provide any credit card or log on details. Please forward a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can configure your web browser to tell you when your details are being sent and to warn if they are not being sent in a secure way.
To activate this:
Internet Explorer - select OPTIONS on the VIEW menu and then click the SECURITY tab, ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked,
Firefox - select TOOLS then OPTIONS on the tools menu and then click the SECURITY tab, go into settings of the warning messages section - ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked.
Online security is constantly evolving so, if you are using older version of internet browser, we recommend you update to a later version in order to take full advantage of the improved security features.
What is it?
PayPal participates in Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode for added online payment security. These services are offered by Visa and MasterCard, in association with the bank that has issued your credit / debit card. It is aimed at protecting your details when shopping online by ensuring your card is not being used by someone else and is becoming a standard across all shopping websites.
What will I see?
If your card qualifies and you haven’t yet registered, simply follow the onscreen instructions. This process will create an online code (different to your card PIN – an online PIN equivalent) for use on participating websites. This is a completely secure process. The information you provide is completely private, will only be visible to you and your card issuer, and would never be shared with other parties. If you're unsure about this new service, you may be able to complete your order without registering but your card issuer will eventually require you to register to continue shopping online.
If you would like to learn more about these services or have any difficulty with the process, please contact your card issuer who should be able to assist you.